If you’re looking to set up an automated welcome email sequence, you’re in the right place. This guide will walk you through the process step by step, ensuring you can engage your subscribers from the get-go.
We’ll also talk about how to design and create the welcome email sequence, and talk about the different elements that make up a good email campaign.
Why Welcome Emails? #
When a new subscriber joins your mailing list, it’s essential to make a great first impression. A welcome email series does just that. It’s a series of automated emails that greet and guide the subscriber, setting the tone for future communications.
Setting Up Your Welcome Email Sequence #
1. Getting Started: #
- Head over to your automation tab.
- Click on ‘Add New’ to create a new welcome automation series.
- Choose the list to which the automation applies. This ensures that the automation triggers only when a new subscriber joins that specific list.
- Name your automation, for instance, “Welcome Automation Series”.
2. Setting the Trigger: #
- After creating the automation, set a delay if you don’t want to send emails immediately. For example, you can set a delay of one hour after a subscriber joins before they receive the first email.
3. Designing Your Email: #
- Click on ‘Send an Email’.
- Input your subject, for example, “Welcome to My Email List”.
- Fill in the sender’s name and email address.
- If you wish to track email opens and clicks, ensure you check the respective options.
- You can either upload an existing email template or create a new one. For a more intuitive experience, use the drag-and-drop email builder.
- Personalize your email by adding the subscriber’s name or other details. This makes your email feel more tailored to the individual.
- Ensure your email looks good on both desktop and mobile.
4. Tracking and Further Automation: #
- Set up tracking to monitor if subscribers open your emails.
- If a subscriber opens an email, you can set another delay (e.g., one day) before sending the next email in the series.
- You can also track link clicks within your emails. For instance, if a subscriber clicks on a specific link, you can send them a tailored email based on that action.
- Tags can be assigned based on subscriber actions. For example, if a subscriber doesn’t open an email, you can tag them for future reference.
5. Additional Features: #
- Apart from sending emails, there are other operations you can perform, like assigning tags. For instance, if a user doesn’t open an email, you can tag them for segmentation purposes.
- You can also set automations based on link clicks. If a subscriber clicks on a specific link, you can trigger a particular action or email.
Welcome email sequences are a powerful tool in the email marketer’s arsenal. They help establish a strong foundation with your subscribers, leading to better engagement and loyalty. With the right tools and strategies, setting up an effective welcome email sequence becomes a breeze.
Remember, the key is to be genuine, offer value, and make your subscribers feel special. Happy emailing!