MailGun is a well-known SMTP API in the email marketing industry. Connect MailGun with SendMails.io to send emails with good deliverability.
Setting up your email marketing tools can sometimes be a daunting task. But fear not! In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of connecting MailGun SMTP API with SendMails.io. Let’s dive in.
Why MailGun? #
- MailGun offers competitive pricing, costing only $35 per month for sending 50,000 emails.
- They maintain a good email reputation, ensuring your emails land in the inbox.
- If you’re hesitant about committing, MailGun provides a one-month free trial with a 5,000 email credit.
Getting Started with MailGun #
- Navigate to MailGun and click on “Get Started.”
- Fill in your basic details like first name, last name, and email to start your free trial.
- Once registered, you’ll be directed to a dashboard.
Setting Up Your Domain #
- In the MailGun dashboard, go to “Sending” and click on “Domains.”
- Click on “Add New Domains.”
- Choose your domain region. For this guide, we’ll use “US.”
- Input a subdomain. For instance, if your domain is “example.com,” you might use “send.example.com” as your subdomain.
- You’ll have an option to choose the DKIM key length. The default is 1024, which works for most users.
- Click on “Add Domain.”
Configuring DNS Records #
After adding your domain, MailGun will provide you with DNS values. These need to be added to your DNS Zone editor.
- Depending on your domain provider (e.g., GoDaddy, Hostinger), navigate to your DNS Zone editor.
- Add the DNS records provided by MailGun.
- Note: Only copy the subdomain part of the host name, not the entire thing.
- For TXT records, select “TXT” as the type and paste the provided value.
- For MX records, select “MX” as the type, input the provided name, set the priority (usually 10), and input the mail server details.
- If there’s a CNAME record, select “CNAME” as the type and input the provided value.
Once all records are added, go back to MailGun and click on “Verify DNS Settings.” If everything is set up correctly, your domain will be verified.
Connecting to SendMails.io #
- In MailGun, you’ll have an option to connect using either API or SMTP. For simplicity, we recommend using the API.
- Copy your API key from MailGun.
- Head over to SendMails.io, navigate to “Sending,” and click on “Sending Servers.”
- Click on “New Server” and choose “MailGun API.”
- Paste your API key and input the domain and hostname (e.g., “us.global.server”).
- And voila! You’ve successfully connected MailGun SMTP API with SendMails.io.
Now, you’re all set to kickstart your email campaigns and marketing automation journey. Happy emailing!